Welcome to the Nashville Branch Classifieds page. Here you will be able to view the latest employment needs from our Sustaining Members. Please take a moment and check out the listings and see if one is right for you. If you know of anyone looking to get into the engineering field, don’t hesitate to direct them to our website classifieds.
- Assisting DSWM staff statewide in the review of complex permit conditions and applications.
- Preparing and maintaining records, reports, logs, databases, chain-of-custody and correspondence based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Provides consultative, technical, and educational services to the regulated community and citizens in the necessity and methodology of enhancing environmental stewardship, health or other standards, practices, and safety.
- Assisting regional permit writers in the application of these models and the development of input parameter to verify results contained in landfill applications.
- Assisting regional permit writers in their review of permit submittals.
- Participate in peer reviews and public hearings.
Interested persons may apply for this position at Tn.gov/careers and search for the position TDEC-ENV CONSULTANT 3 -03252020-7658. The position will be posted through April 14, 2020.
Project Manager/ Senior Civil Engineer – Land Planning Market
Our land planning team leverages the expertise and collaborative thinking of civil engineers, landscape architects and planners to provide custom solutions that help grow livable communities. We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with a project management background. This person will lead design efforts, support project financial management, project scope development and planning.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of major civil engineering projects.
- Lead design team from inception through contract documents and construction administration to final inspection.
- Supervise and collaborate with the project team.
- Review designs, engineering reports, plans and specifications for major projects.
- Maintain schedule of project deliverables milestones.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project ream members, client representative, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Integrate your current expertise while continuing your knowledge growth to incorporate state of the art technology and materials into the project design.
- Sustain our world’s environment with cutting edge, ecologically-friendly solutions to complicated situations.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements, etc..
- Mentor team members to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Ensure adherence to quality control processes.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering required
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with land and site design of residential, commercial, retail, healthcare, public works or industrial projects.
- P.E. license required.
- Adept in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
Please email Brandon Salas for more information.
What can be posted?
What a great question, glad you asked. First and foremost, in order for an employment listing to be posted you must be a current sustaining member. Not yet a sustaining member? Maybe you were a member in the past and would like information on how regain your membership. Contact Mike Kusch for all membership inquires.
Second, your listing can target any position within your firm and it must be done using 500 words or less. All contact information should be up to date and submitted as you want it posted.
Finally, your listing will run for one month unless you specify a specific time frame. If that position is filled before your time is up please let us know so that we can delete that post to prevent further inquires.
If you are a sustaining firm and would like to post an employment opportunity please email Lily Moritz and let her know your firm's needs.