Welcome to the Nashville Branch Classifieds page. Here you will be able to view the latest employment needs from our Sustaining Members. Please take a moment and check out the listings and see if one is right for you. If you know of anyone looking to get into the engineering field, don’t hesitate to direct them to our website classifieds.
City of Hendersonville
Public Works Director
Salary Range: $99,287 annually or higher DOQ
Positions Available: (1)
Performs difficult professional work in the design and maintenance of water treatment and water distribution systems and wastewater collection and wastewater treatment systems. Does related work as requested from the director of the department.
- Assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel; coordinates daily work activities.
- Develops, administers, and monitors department budget, policies and procedures, short and long-term goals.
- Coordinates contracted services; drafts and bids service contracts; develops contract documents; administers and issues notices to proceed with work; cancels and terminates contracts; monitors quality of contracted work.
- Coordinates capital projects; develops feasibility reports with cost estimates; reviews and recommends site selections; acquires project funding; conducts project bid process.
- Coordinates planning and transportation operations; prepares Transportation Improvement Program.
- Coordinates traffic and roads operations and activities; supervises traffic signal system operations; summarizes accident statistics; directs traffic sign and marking placement; determines sign layout for new developments.
- Directs the repair and installation of street lights and signals, traffic signs, and traffic control devices; prepares roadway beautification projects; implements bike and pedestrian grants; supervises Paving Program.
- Coordinates solid waste operation and activities; administers Limb Removal Program; conducts Landfill Remediation Program; coordinates alternative disposal sites.
- Coordinates a variety of projects and programs; oversees Building Maintenance Program; Property Acquisition Process, Mosquito Abatement Program, annual Draining Improvement Program; develops Main Street Christmas decoration plan.
- Coordinates emergency response and directs necessary tasks to meet emergency needs during situations such as roadway failures, natural disasters, storms, ice, snow, flooding, vehicle accidents, or other situations.
- Monitors inventory of department equipment and supplies; directs the maintenance and repair of department equipment and vehicles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Tennessee for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer required.
To apply go to the following website: https://www.hvilletn.org/departments/human-resources/job-openings/public-works-director
Posted May 6, 2019
What can be posted?
What a great question, glad you asked. First and foremost, in order for an employment listing to be posted you must be a current sustaining member. Not yet a sustaining member? Maybe you were a member in the past and would like information on how regain your membership. Contact Mike Kusch for all membership inquires.
Second, your listing can target any position within your firm and it must be done using 500 words or less. All contact information should be up to date and submitted as you want it posted.
Finally, your listing will run for one month unless you specify a specific time frame. If that position is filled before your time is up please let us know so that we can delete that post to prevent further inquires.
If you are a sustaining firm and would like to post an employment opportunity please email Lily Moritz and let her know your firm's needs.