Rusty Gibson Memorial Scholarship
The American Society of Civil Engineers Northeast Texas Branch awards the Rusty Gibson Memorial Scholarship to one or more outstanding students enrolled in either the University of Texas at Tyler or LeTourneau University.
The scholarship(s) will be awarded on the basis of overall merit, in recognition of personal student achievements, and with regard to financial need. The number and value of each scholarship will be determined upon receipt of the scholarship applications. The scholarship will be awarded this Spring at an ASCE Northeast Texas Branch Meeting.
Who is Eligible?
The candidate must meet all of the following qualifications to be considered:
- At the time of application, the candidate must be going into one of the following:
- College Junior year, or
- College Senior Year (repeat senior years qualify)
- The candidate must be a full time student in the upcoming academic year.
- The candidate must sign a statement that they will be enrolled for a minimum of one semester during the upcoming academic year and indicate their expected graduation date.
- The candidate must be a current member in good standing of the ASCE student chapter or club.
- The candidate must be available for a possible interview to be scheduled after applications have been received.
- The student must be enrolled in one or more of the following ASCE Northeast Texas Branch core colleges: University of Texas at Tyler and/or LeTourneau University.
- The recipient(s) must return to the ASCE Northeast Texas Branch Board in the Fall Semester after receiving the scholarship and tell what the money was used for.
How do you apply?
- In order to be eligible for consideration, the application must be received no later than 5:00 pm on April 22, 2022.
- In addition to the attached application form, the candidate should submit the following:
- Most recent university transcript
- One letter of recommendation written by a current or past civil engineering professor from your current university.
- Email application package to: [email protected]
- If you are unable to send your application in electronically, please email us at the above address. We will provide you with our latest address for receiving scholarship applications.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact the branch officers through email at [email protected].