What does a Board Member do?
What does it mean to be an Officer or Executive Board member in the East Branch? The following is a summary of the responsibilities for each of our board members:
All Officers and Board Members:
- Attend Branch board meetings, share your ideas, and work toward serving our members.
- Provide information from branch activities to present at the section board meetings.
- Bring forward member concerns and ideas for consideration.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Organize and run board meetings.
- Attend Section meetings or send designee.
- Provide guidance to the board.
- Organize ASCE participation in Engineers' Week Banquet.
- Assist with speakers or external activities as needed.
- Prepare treasurer's report for approval.
- Track Branch funds and pay bills.
- Keep financial records.
- Prepare year-end fiscal report for President to review.
- Take board meeting minutes and prepare them for approval.
- Keep any non-financial records.
- Correspond with membership about upcoming events.
- Sign and distribute Professional Development Hour certificates to membership.
- Organize and plan social events for the Branch.
- Design and maintain the Branch website and online networks.
- Maintain the Board listserv.
- Write updates about Branch activities for display on the website newsfeed.