Lunch or dinner meetings will resume in October, 2021. To join our mailing list for meeting announcements, sign up at this link.
We don’t have meetings from June through and including September, and we resume meeting in October. We do have planning meetings during the summer: contact Stephanie Cecil if you are interested in helping plan next year’s events!
Possible Topics for next year:
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Water Supply Tunnel Rehab Work in Poudre Canyon and Park City, Utah
- Presentation from Giroux Great Projects Lecture Series - Paul Giroux - by Zoom
- On May 13, 2021, Caleb Stock from Tetratech spoke on Sinkholes on Wyoming Abandoned Mine Lands.
- On March 11, 2021,
Dr. Robert Ettemaof Colorado State University (CSU) spoke on Scour Concerns for Historic Masonry Arch Bridgesin Ireland and the UK.
- On February 11, 2021, Edward Stafford spoke on Future World Vision.
- On January 14, 2021, Jill Roth from Stantec spoke on "Design using Envision Sustainable Infrastructure Rating System" for a Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- On October 8 2020, Dylan Hoehn of Engineering Analytics presented on "St. Vrain River Restoration" following the 2013 floods.
- November 12, 2020 featured Peter Marxhausen speaking on "Engineering Ethics and Laws in Colorado."
To join our mailing list for meeting invites, sign up at this link.
Despite the pandemic, the Young Professionals Group is blazing ahead! Their LinkedIn Group has announcements for their activities: Northern Colorado Architecture, Construction, & Engineering Young Professionals Group.
NCB and Other Societies' Activities
This list is a composite of upcoming activities.
|May 22, 2021, 6 pm||Happy Hour||Don't Worry, Be Happy!||NoCo ACE YP||Timnath Beerworks|
|June 22, 2021||Outdoor Happy Hour||Outdoor Happy Hour||NoCo ACE YP||TBD|
|July, TBD||Brewery Event||Fundraiser for a local organization||NoCo ACE YP||TBD|
Opportunities to Serve
- The Northern Colorado Branch is looking for people who want to serve on the Executive Committee. The Membership/Publicity Chair and Social Media Chair positions are open. Please contact Stephanie Cecil if you are interested.
- We are always interested in finding more speakers! If you are interested in speaking, or if your facility would host a tour, contact Nathan Alburn.
The City of Loveland has a challenging and wide ranging job opportunity for a motivated individual. This Civil Engineer 1 position offers the applicant the ability to work in development review, water rights, and the design and construction of small capital water and wastewater projects. The position was first posted April 2, 2021, and the first reading of applicants will be on May 3, 2021 at 12 p.m. Click Here. for the job description.